Covid-19 is a real challenge for all of us. Especially in a cockpit. Whether you are flying in a Single Cockpit, or have a Multiple Crew Operation, you should think about protecting yourself. After several hours of flying have a closer look at the condition and functionality of your headset.
First of all it should be your own headset, secondly it should be cleaned regularly. If it´s a Bose headset we can provide you with a few useful hints and tips to clean and use it properly. Please follow the guidelines below:
Cleaning Bose Aviation Headset X and A20
Gently wipe the outside surfaces of the headband, connectors, plastic / magnesium parts, and headband cushion, using a soft cloth moistened with water and mild soap. Take special care when cleaning the ear cushions and the outside surfaces of the earcups.
CAUTION: Do not immerse the headset in water or any other liquid. If the headset is immersed in liquid, do not use it. Contact Bose Technical Support for assistance.
1. Remove the cushion.
2. Place the cushion in a solution of water and a mild detergent.
3. Allow the cushion to air dry, then reattach.
A soft moistened cloth or alcohol wipes (isopropyl) are appropriate for regular cleaning of the ear cushions. Do not immerse ear cushions in water or any other liquid.
EARCUP INNER SCREEN
Do not attempt to remove, replace, repair, or clean this component. Located inside the earcup, the inner screen is critical to proper headset operation. If the screen appears to be damaged or worn out, contact Bose. If the inner screen becomes damp from environmental moisture such as light rain, dew, perspiration, or condensation, allow it to air dry only. Do not use electric heaters, blowers, or hair dryers to dry the inner screen.
1. Remove the windscreen from the microphone.
2. Rinse and air dry the windscreen.
3. Make sure the windscreen is completely dry, then reattach.
Cleaning Bose ProFlight Aviation Headset
CLEANING OF STAYHEAR+ TIPS AND MESH OF EARBUDS
This deep-cleaning method is to be used to resolve audio issues. To deep clean the earbuds, follow these steps:
1. Remove the StayHear+ tips from the earbuds.
2. Apply a small amount of hydrogen peroxide (3% concentration only) to the mesh surface of the earbud using a soft cloth or tissue (be careful not to allow excess liquid to enter the open port on the earbud).
3. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow wax to soften.
4. Wet a soft-bristled toothbrush with hydrogen peroxide (3% concentration only).
5. Gently scrub the mesh surface to loosen and remove the wax without allowing excess hydrogen peroxide to enter the open port on the earbud.
6. After mesh surface is clean, gently shake out any excess liquid and debris.
7. Dry earbud with a soft cloth.
NOTE: It is recommended that protective gloves be worn when using hydrogen peroxide.
HAVE YOU HEARD OF OUR SPECIAL OFFER?
For a limited time, order your Bose aviation headset Service Accessory Kit of choice at 15% discount! Contact our sales and service support department today providing the number of kits you wish to order, your name including contact details, and exact shipping address. Our promotion includes free shipping within the EU.
Tel. +31 299 390 777